Thread: Maximum resolution requirement for a VGA connector

Maximum resolution requirement for a VGA connector

Here I just want to know about the VGA connector’s maximum resolution. So someone please help me or please tell me that what is the highest resolution that a VGA connector can support? Can it run an LCD at 1920x1200 or higher? As well, tell me what is the benefit of DVI over the VGA? If anything any of you know about this then please help. And yes also give me some more detail on this is possible.

Re: Maximum resolution requirement for a VGA connector

There is some behavior to interface to a monitor. I have one of this ways which may be useful for you. The analog way, is via a 15 pin VGA connector. The RGB signals on the VGA send the 3 main colors to the display. As the resolution boosts on the VGA interface, the analog bandwidth necessity of the components has to advance to keep up. A lot of video cards have a 350MHz DAC on the VGA connector that comes into vision to be appropriate for 2048x1536 or so on. The cabling used, as well has a bandwidth spec, which is, if you make use of an extended cable, the highest resolution which works fine, will fall. So while VGA is hypothetically unconstrained or limitless, the effects of PI filters, DAC bandwidth, cable bandwidth, connector quality, each take their charge on picture quality.

I also have a solution for you that are a digital connection via a DVI connector. At this point, all that substances is that the digital data shift crossways the cable, lacking the bit principles being tainted. As far as I know, DVI has no mistake alteration, so if a few of the bits arrive flipped, you would obtain colored snow on the display. This would inform you that the DVI cable is pitiable quality, or that the digital bandwidth of the output interface, is not adequate for the job. There are so many critiques, where a variety of brands of video cards, have their DVI digital output checked, and the trial used, is to seem at the eye opening of the signal. That spec tells you whether the recipient will be able to accept the digital signal perfectly.

A double link DVI card can do 2048x1536 at 80Hz. But to perform it, the link clock rate is 180MHz. This demands an excellent quality DVI output tool on the video card. As well, a cheap or longish cable could cause an effort to run this way, to have snow on the display. QXGA which is 2048 × 1536 resolution at 80 Hz with GTF blanking but probability are if you evaluate attempting to convey 2048x1536 above analog, against via DVI, the DVI will succeed on visual quality. To create the analog work, you would most likely have to get your soldering iron, and take away the PI filters from the RGB signal path, in order to get a fresh signal from the VGA connector. The DVI should be sharper, as there is no analog bandwidth poverty beside the way. As long as a bit is established digitally, lacking dishonesty, the monitor currently has accurately the similar information content, as was present at the output connector of the video card.

I have purchased a laptop Aspire 3000. I would like to connect an exterior or external LCD display monitor which supports 1680 x 1050 resolutions. So here my query or my question is how I can find out if my laptop can support such resolution in as a minimum 24bit color? If any idea anyone have then please must provide and sort out my issue. I mean send some information or send some link where I can find the answer for this.