Thread: No “send to” option in selection box for external drive

No “send to” option in selection box for external drive

Yesterday, i bought a new external hard drive and it is working properly but when i trying to send any file by right clicking on it, using the option "send to" then i don't get this drive in the list. I have tried number of time to solve this issue. Then also i am not getting this drive in the list of the selection box. If anyone is familiar with this problem then please tell me. Any suggestion will appreciate. Thanks in advance.

Re: No “send to” option in selection box for external drive

For sending files from one drive to external drive, I think the easy ways to do this is by selecting all the files and then copy those files and then open the external drive paste them there. I do the same thing when I get these kind problems. I also advice you the same way, If you are having any other query then reply me.

I think this can be happened due to the unallocated space in the drive because there is no drive letter for the unallocated space. To solve this issue, I think you should right click on that folder and do create a NTFS partition and format it. After all this try to send files to the drive, you will get the drive letter in the “send to” option. I hope this information may work for you.

Why don’t you try it to reconnect your personal computer, if your drive is not recognizing then I think it because of the loose connection of the Universal Serial Bus. You drive must be losing connection with the Universal serial bus in between. In my recommendation you first do check the connect is active or not. When you connect any external drive to the computer then, you get a notification that “found new hardware”, in this way you can check through that your drive is active or not.
    Last edited by deoWo; 04-11-2010 at 08:56 PM.

In my point view, you should first check the disk management of your computer system, by clicking on the start button on the taskbar. Then click on the control panel and go to the admin tools and then select computer management a list of all drive will pop up. Check that the drive is showing up or not. I think this could be the issue.