Thread: How to replace the bezel of the cpu ?

How to replace the bezel of the cpu ?

I have got an assembled computer sytem with different parts from various manufacturers. I recently moved to a new residence, while I was moving my system , my cpu accidently slipped from my hands and fell on the ground. Since then whenever I try to turn on my system and press the power button on the front panel, my system does not turn on. Please help me to find what exactly has gone wrong with my system.

Re: How to replace the bezel of the cpu ?

As you said that the cpu fell on the ground, if it felt too hard then some sort of damage was done for sure on the power supply . It usually happens if you have noticed closely about a normal working system that when you press the power button on the front panel, you will hear a click .Did you hear that noise when you pressed the power button? You did not mention whether you opened the CPU and check if something is broken or not? If you have not opened your cpu box, please do it and state about the broken component.

I think the front panel of my CPU hit the ground first. Yes you are right, I felt something odd when I pressed the power button but could not recognize, I did not hear any clicking noise when I press power button, which I should and I did open the CPU box but could find anything broken in it. Can the power button be replaced?

If you do not hear any clicking noise, then definitely the power button is sticky or broken. If the button has stuck at one place then you do not have to worry much, just remove the bezel of the tower and push the power button from the back of the bezel to reinstate the power button as it was originally. But if the power button is broken, you cannot buy and replace a power button separately, you will have to purchase a new bezel and replace with the old one.