Thread: SSD Lockup Issues with Intel X25-V

SSD Lockup Issues with Intel X25-V

I using two drive configurations on my computer one SSD other one is the regular Hard Drive. I am using motherboard from Asus P5Q-E which comes with a P45 Chipset but thing, which happening in the system is that some applications loads form the regular hard drive likely games where as SSD runs Windows and some other applications. I was working with it somehow but suddenly other problem with the Windows appears such as windows lockup at accidental without any reason and nothing mainly generates it. I am facing it from quite some time for which I am still not able to get the solution I am running the latest RST Driver and using ACHI on my computer.

Re: SSD Lockup Issues with Intel X25-V

First you have to find the problem by checking the RAM with Memtest86, you should start RAM test from a cold start and leave it running for at least 5 or 6 rounds. If there is no RAM errors detected then you can perform following things:
    • Check event view for error messages.
    • Update the bios for up-to-date.
    • Eliminate all other SATA drives or optical drives separately from the SSD drive.

This will surely your lockup problem with windows.

I was having similar problem with windows lockup with my Intel X25-V SSD. then somebody suggest to it may be the problem with Sata controller. So i just removed all the SATA device from my computer but still not resolved the problem of windows lockup. But i have to mention here is that there is no problem if i run windows on my regular hard drive because of which i am thinking is that it is defiantly some thing with my Intel X25-V SSD but still not able to get the solution. So if anybody have solution for windows lockup with SSD please provide.

You can try to run your Intel X25-V SSD in IDE or ACHI or RAID mode which may create some difference in windows working. which might resolve your problem of windows lockup. Other than this you can try to place your Intel X25-V SSD drive to different sata port so that if it is happening at that port only then it will be resolved by changing the port. This two solution will surely help you to resolve the problem with windows lockup in your computer.

Your problem with the windows lockup while using SSD can be because of the physical connection problem in the system or the cables may be damaged physically so to solve this i think you should Change the SATA cable. If after all above solution and this solution doesn't solve problem then last thing you can do is to get a new X25-V SSD drive from Intel for your computer which is compatible.