Thread: Drivers failed for Intel SS4200-E

Drivers failed for Intel SS4200-E

I have a 41 as a RAID - 5 TB drive SS4200 - E. It has been running for about 6 months. I turned it off and start a weekend closure. When I came back to power, all four are amber LED driver, I cannot access the console. Attempt to freeze the network interface to access it. When turned on, a number of activities drive activity, it can be view for some time and then it stops. In the network interface, the drive has an exclamation point next to it. I just want to know why drivers failed for Intel SS4200-E. Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Drivers failed for Intel SS4200-E

I think your system is not recognizing the 4 HDDs that you have. May be the RAID setting is not configuring the RAID properly. Unfortunately in this case only technical support of Intel can help you. You can try to do the factory default setting but the problem is that there are chances that you may lose your data, hence it is bit risky.

I am also facing similar problems, only two drives. I have a SS4200, two drives, which were working fine last year. Unfortunately, due to longer power loss (yes, UPS's existence, but did not last long enough), it is two drives fail. I use Seagate hard drive; I almost caused them to drive the BIOS firmware was not recognized by SS4200 definitely something is wrong with that.

My problem is not so different but the similar one. I closed the box only to check the hard drive Linux machine. I read the bad block check and run drivers are also very good. However, SS4200, two drives, LED is amber, I cannot access the console at all. Try to do so hang the WebUI. I noticed that the device will detect and determine the correct hard drive and they exist in the device settings page, but they all have a warning /! \ Sign of lingering message: "The disk has been replaced by a disk containing the data from another system.". Therefore, it is safe to reset without losing data stored on disk SS4200?

I did not reset the storage devices, storage management software to use. I set the password and the name again, only small, but it still did not allow me to dashbord. It tried to do something to disk, but do not know the hard drive may lead to light one minute. I set up a successfully and visited again, the drive is still under the same conditions.

I have the same problem - 4 1TB in RAID - 5 array drive and that all drive failed. They are a warning /! \ Sign of lingering message: "Disk has been included from the other system", of course, incorrect data disk replacement. System proposed to delete this information, but I think this is dangerous, because I am worried about my data. Hard reset did not work for me.

Hi.

Got this problem today for the first time. Power failure and now the drives are in error state with the same message. Spoke to Intel support they recommended that I reset the unit via the reset switch on the back. That did not help.

I've got 2 x 1TB drives running in mirror (raid1). They way I got around the problem was to remove one drive, then switch the unit back on. Once it has booted, switch it off, reconnect the second drive and switch it back on.

That somehow reset the status of the drive on the raid controller and it started rebuilding the drive.

Hope that helps someone.