Thread: Logitech remote that is compatible with U-verse.

Logitech remote that is compatible with U-verse.

I am having a Logitech Harmony 670 remote. The problem is that for U-verse function to work I have push the U-verse button many times. All other devices work perfectly. According to Logitech, this remote does not meet the U - verse compatible with Motorola boxes. Motorola box works could not send out at a higher frequency remote control. Anybody have the idea related to the remote that is capable of working perfectly with the U-verse Motorola box.

Re: Logitech remote that is compatible with U-verse.

I was also having the U-verse TV for a very short period of time, I do not care for it, hence I changed back to my cable TV. My Logitech Harmony remote is working perfectly with the box. Mine is DVR, Motorola VIP1216 and it is working perfectly which model you are having. If you can provide me more information related to it then, maybe I can help you to sort out the issue.

Currently I am working with the delays and repeats of buttons. I have done to the setting for making it to wait three seconds between commands. The button that is really annoying me is when it does not take the play button if I have done the fast forward and after that trying to play and it is not doing that. Hence the setting that I have done is that if I press the play button then it wills send the signal more than six times just for one press.

Well, I am not confident about it; I was thinking that the infra red signal of Logitech Harmony remotes operates at the same frequency. I am just trying to understand, what are the exact settings of this Logitech Harmony, if this is not going to work then I have to upgrade to different remotes. According to me Logitech Harmony is not having any problem with the box.

Motorola device is comprised in the Harmony database, and it is doubtful that it would be there if it is specifically using the abnormal higher frequency infra red that Harmony cannot handle, hence I would like to get back to Logitech support for checking on what they are telling you, and asking them to solve the problem.

When I programmed my Logitech remote control software, at that by mistake I have inserted the wrong model number for the U-verse box. I think I put in the VIP 1216, but I see clearly, I do not know where to get that model. I saw a few days ago really VIP 1225 box. I changed the date of its remote and its working better now. Sometimes I seem to be still in the press of a button twice, get it recognized, but it and press the button of the act is a little better at it with the correct model. I can only suggest you to check the settings you have done for the remote maybe you done the same mistake that I have done.

I really do not believe it will work better. I am sure it is not compatible with remote AT & T with U - verse box. I think I just need to buy a new model, to see whether it better. If someone can only reply is the model of remote control and AT & T they have box and how it works for them. I am trying to decide between the Harmony One and the 880 but they both are expensive, I do not think that I will purchase and to find any work better than the 670.