Thread: Latitude E6500 and Integrated Webcam

Latitude E6500 and Integrated Webcam

Hello guys,
    Would you help me sort out this problem. I have a web camera built into my dell latitude e6500 laptop, but unable to figure out the implementation means my laptop is not detecting webcam. Would you all help me to set it up. when I try to video chat, it does not work, but the built in microphone does.

Thanks.

Commonly, there is no any process to contact with your camera to your laptop. The webcam driver perform the interaction with the laptop and webcam. Sometimes, if you will format the system then automatically your camera driver would be installed but it didn't happened in the case of any dell laptop.

This is the common method to use your webcam for video chatting is just install the specific driver according to the model and go ahead with that.

I need help related to the webcam. I just received a new Latitude E6500 with the integrated webcam. The Dell Webcam Central software is already installed within that. The integrated webcam is detected by Device Manager.

I am unable to get any documentation for how to operate the webcam. How do you turn it on? I see in the Webcam Central how to adjust the picture but I can't find a way to start the camera.

Thanks

Hi everyone,

In Dell Webcam Central software with the Latitude E series, you can get the settings for only webcam and no exist the previous from cam. Be ready to install the drivers and all for your camera. When you need to go for chatting then the application will automatically perform the interaction with your webcam.

The cam can work pretty well with different type of application like Skype pr MSN messenger, if do you have problem with blue screen in Vista with Skype can you download the creative driver compatible for vista.

I also have a new E6500 and I think it has a web cam, but when i open the device manager then it is not displaying the device in this section means in device manager. Is the cam the little glass square to the left of the silver DELL logo? I downloaded DellWebcamSW.exe and just need to be sure if it's just that I don not have device drivers for it installed or that is not a web cam.