Thread: How Maxtor BlackArmor hard drive secure the data

How Maxtor BlackArmor hard drive secure the data

hi friend
    i am using personal computer in my home. I have also installed windows xp operating system. Actually i want to use external hard drive with fully security mode. Because whenever any unauthorized user operate my hard drive they will not get my personal information. So i have choose Maxtor BlackArmor hard drive but i don't have much idea about hard drive so any body tell me that how Maxtor BlackArmor hard drive secure the data?

Re: How Maxtor BlackArmor hard drive secure the data

Maxtor BlackArmor hard drive is a external type of hard drive. Normally we keep the back up data of records on computer but when the files on run of the mill unencrypted hard drive can expose the important and personal detail like credit account no. as well as some pass words to thieves that may walk off with the drive. But the main advantage of the Maxtor BlackArmor hard drive which is secure the data without employing "Top Secret" encryption levels. The capacity of that type of hard drive is around 160GB as well as it used USB 2.0 connector option. The normal speed of drive is 5400rpm in system.

Maxtor BlackArmor hard drive is a such a external type of hard drive. Maxtor Black Armor is a so much confidential data is transported by external drive. It support to some selected operating system like Microsoft windows vista home basic, Microsoft windows xp home as well as windows xp professional. This type of hard drive is most secure type of data storage like when you plug the drive, CD drive ,firstly you need top enter the key code on the button of the drive and after that chose password hat you ant there are some limitation of the password like used password as simple with six character but if you want you want more security and secure the data more then you cab also used maximum security you can choose a 32-character mix of numbers and letters.
    Last edited by RoninBlade; 24-02-2010 at 01:00 AM.

The size of the Maxtor BlackArmor hard drive is 2.5-inch.the speed of the system also 5400rpm and it uses 8MB cache memory.Black Armor is all about internal security,Once you set a password, all your data is secured by Maxtor's government grade 128-bit encryption. The Maxtor BlackArmor is a more expensive than more standard hard drive. Maxtor BlackArmor type of hard drive easy top used as well as it doesn't required any type of software to be loaded on host PC. In that system you can used strong password as per your wish. The BlackArmor is well worth consideration, particularly if you use—or require your users to use—strong passwords to protect your data.

There are main advantage is ,you can choose and make password strong because indicator in the set up screen tells that our password weak or strong like if you have used weak password like (for example, "ABCDEF") or when you used strong password like ("N1tt4agm2c2ta0tC4sa7yaotcannc").which is handy for helping you to pick passwords that aren't easy to guess or "brute force" open. If you lose your password, you won't be able to access your files, either. Your data will be protected even if the drive is physically removed from its shell and put in another notebook PC. The Maxtor didn't fare well in our speed comparison tests, trudging in dead last and a full 10 megabits behind the third slowest drive in both write and read tests.You can copy files to it via drag-and-drop or with the included Maxtor backup program .