Thread: Steps for laptop battery calibration

Steps for laptop battery calibration

I need some Steps to calibrate a laptop battery. I have a apple notebook. I had found that for sometime it is not giving out proper performance. On internet I had found that by calibrating we can improve up the performance of the same. I had also found the desktop of my laptop working not so good. What to do for that. Give me some better solution if you know.

Re: Steps for laptop battery calibration

Today’s laptop batteries are to a large extent superior than those of presently a decade ago, but they are not just right. At the same time as present power cells no longer familiarity with the memory consequence—a experience whereby frequently using only a portion of a battery’s full charge would lead to the battery being not capable to present its full charge—your laptop can still exhibit comparable symptoms, such as shorter-than-predictable use time.

This is for the reason that each of Apple’s laptop batteries comprises or contains a tiny processor that monitors the battery’s charge and practice and then presents OS X with an approximation of the remaining battery life; over time, this approximation can become imprecise. The consequence can be your Mac alerting you that you are about to run out of power, or your laptop suddenly going to sleep, when you be supposed to have more than enough juice left.

To keep away from such difficulty or problems, Apple suggests that you calibrate your laptop battery once a month to obtain the battery and its microprocessor back in sync. Fundamentally, this engages running your battery down in anticipation of it is entirely exhausted, and then charging it back up to its full capability. On the other hand, the correct process depends on your Mac laptop model; observe Apple’s instructions for calibrating different Mac model batteries.

Dump Dashboard Widgets several of us frequently try out new and attractive Dashboard widgets. But like agendas, widgets utilize memory and processor cycles when working. Maintain open only those you frequently utilize. To suspend a widget and free up any system reserve it is using, make active Dashboard (F12 by default), hold down the alternative key, and then click on the X that come into view in the widget’s upper left corner.

How frequently weed out your Login articles list once each pair of months (does it more frequently if you recurrently try new software). Put out of action unused Dashboard widgets every time you install a new widget. It is significant to maintain your Mac clean—practically and physically—for most favorable presentation. That means more than immediately clearing out unused files.

I have a MAC Powerbook G4 laptop. I just calibrated the battery. I have a second battery I also want to calibrate. If I do that, will the computer replace the calibration data from the first battery with the second, or will it be able to sense which battery is in place and give me the correct data from whichever battery is inserted at the time? In other words, can I exchange the two batteries and still get the correct remaining life on both batteries?

Quote Originally Posted by pittsborojim View Post
    I have a MAC Powerbook G4 laptop. I just calibrated the battery. I have a second battery I also want to calibrate. If I do that, will the computer replace the calibration data from the first battery with the second, or will it be able to sense which battery is in place and give me the correct data from whichever battery is inserted at the time? In other words, can I exchange the two batteries and still get the correct remaining life on both batteries?
    The purpose for caliberation should be done only for the computer and not the battery (digital battery memory), so, calibration (if you followed Apple's directions) should provide a 'more' accurate picture of your battery's capacity. One of my friend got 6.5 hours on average for a full charge before calibration, but after he did the calibration he only got 4.5 hours on the full charge.