Thread: Problems with Epson V500 scanner.

Problems with Epson V500 scanner.

Hey there, I have a bought Epson V500 scanner recently for my desktop which has Windows Vista on it.The scanner works fine but sometimes it does not recognize my slides and scans the holder as a document.Also the software dialog box that i previously used much more simpler to the one that i use now and it has too many parameters.I have read reviews of the Epson scanner not working with Windows Vista so i need to know if this above problem is because of that or not...?Can there be problem with the installed drivers....?Are there any special drivers for windows vista that i need to download so that my scanner works properly....?

Re: Problems with Epson V500 scanner.

Did you change the software dialog box...? If not then your drivers may have been corrupted.Try uninstalling the current installed drivers and then download the latest drivers and install them.After installing the drivers reboot the pc and make sure the scanner is switched on during this process.It should get auto detected and installed.I don't think you need to download separate drivers for Windows Vista.
    Last edited by RoninBlade; 15-12-2009 at 09:30 PM.

Epson releases drivers for there devices for both 32 bit and 64 bit Vista.These drivers are available on the official Epson website so you can download the drivers which are required for your scanner to work.Also before downloading check if the drivers are suitable for your OS i.e 32 bit or 64 bit.So there should not be any problem once you get the right drivers installed.

Scanning the holders as a document is not a problem of driver corruption.You just need to make the following settings in your scanning dialog box depending on the mode you are using.If you are using the Home or Pro modes then remove the check mark in front of the thumbnail box is checked off. Earlier you must be using Auto mode which does not have any parameters but when you are using Home or Pro modes then you need to check the parameters which are required to get document scanned properly (the way you want it to be).Hope this post helps.