Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

MAC Vs. PC for Graphic Design

Hardware Peripherals

Old 27-08-2009

MAC Vs. PC for Graphic Design

Hi,

I do not want to raise the age old debate between MAC Vs. PC for Graphic Design, I just want some facts on where and why Macs are better than PC for graphic design. I've always heard this in the past and wonder if it is still valid and why? Now that Macs are Intel-based hardware is not it? And now that 64-bit Windows is not the level playing field in the software?

Old 27-08-2009

Re: MAC Vs. PC for Graphic Design

I used to use PCs exclusively, but now is the opposite. Since getting my MacBook Pro, I sold my PC and now work only with Macs. While it is true that neither the platform generates a good design, sincerely feel more comfortable in the design of a MAC. Things seem to flow better for me in OS X.
Old 27-08-2009

There are, of course, some differences with respect to the use of Macs and PCs for graphic design work. The gap between general usability between Macs and Windows PCs has been reduced drastically. Indeed Windows, since version 2000 has been a very stable operating system and some designers have argued that Apple's latest operating system, users, OS X, is a bit less friendly than their previous operating systems.
Old 27-08-2009

The cost is most important considerations for any company when making purchasing decisions. It is widely believed that Apple Macs are more expensive, but in reality it is not always the true case. A number of sites and magazines have run the comparison as close as possible-for-like Apple Macs and PCs and found that the price difference is usually small or nonexistent. In some cases, Macs be the cheapest option.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Hardware Peripherals
Tags: , ,