Thread: Acer computer screen stuck at "Acer"

Acer computer screen stuck at "Acer"

I have in hand a machine Acer Aspire T180 097z ,to boot it hangs on the screen "Acer" no screen is displayed before. del and F12 do not (the rest apparently not) not boot from the CD or a floppy drive

Boot ago as a "boost" base (CPU fan runs at the bottom a short time) the fan stops and then a split second and then restarts and the screen "Acer" is displayed. no beep ...

Appears on the web there are a lot of people who have the same problem with different PC acer but I did not find a solution (without HDD boot without ports facade).

I know many of you may say: "Acer is not good, change the gear" but that does not help me

if you have an idea or a tip. I would be very happy to enjoy your lights.

Re: Acer computer screen stuck at "Acer"

It seems that the bios is reached, because the bios config is not taken into account, and I think the LED is the entrance to the config in the bios?

Obviously you can not see if it is a malware that has damaged the bios (with a CD to boot) ?

Is there a jumper to reset the bios to zero, or must remove the battery?
    Tests in this sense?

I do not think you're already in the DD and that it is the cause of the apparent problem?

It does not boot from the CD,, there is a jumper "clear cmos" I tried, and also by removing the battery, it makes no difference,,, without HDD or another HDD I have the same symptom

I have exactly the same problem as you on a Acer Aspire x3200 except that I did not remove the battery as it is still under warranty.
    It is now 3 days that it lasts. 2 times I managed to restart via the BIOS (without intervening on anything) and then clicking on ex. From there was no problem since all tasks are launched without problem). But over the medium to do anything. The keyboard seems to have so as you can not enter in either the setup or in the boot menu .

I heard recently:

"motherboard that does not beeps = dead motherboard ..." your impressions?

Hello, this may be a motherboard that has no speaker, or a motherboard that sends the signal to its integrated sound card