Thread: JMicron RAID BIOS problem need driver

JMicron RAID BIOS problem need driver

I sit down on this topic as I think the problem at the moment all software.
    2 weeks back, I have Vista Ultimate 64bit (OEM) and 2 hdd's, 150GB Velociraptor My idea here was to Vista and my games to install on RAID0.

I was unable to enter the JMicron RAID BIOS to come up there so I came back I had to use another S-ATA controllers. Namely, 1 under my video card hidden and 1 in my external I / O panel. Yesterday a e-SATA/SATA cable and to the 2 hdd's connected to that controller and it was then a snap to configure RAID0.

When I am running Vista, but do not go to the point where hdd should identify which OS I want to install. My RAID is not seen. I assume that this is the missing JMicron drivers should be. Fortunately, Vista offers the option via USB (I have no FDD) to install, but I can not possibly find drivers! I've tried drivers from the CD and 64bit Vista specific drivers tried. I also removed the checkmark that unsuitable drivers hide, but I can only browse through folders and I search, I can not see file.

if any one have solution reply
    thank you

Re: JMicron RAID BIOS problem need driver

I see that it was a Velociraptor, is a disc from the HLFS series or one of the GLFS. because the series does not GLFS raid (or server OS).

Raid on a P5K motherboard an indeed only the sata connector on the rear IO shield and the one between your PCI slots to use. The P5K does not have RAID enabled chipset and therefore with an external chip to do. Furthermore, you can just set your bios to boot from your raid config.

To install Vista I would try the following drivers: Asus Support Global download link

If it is the drive package during the vista installation folder he "Floppy64", but it may well be that he automatically extracted when the whole rar unpacked on your usb drive move.

The JMicron raid chip snatch, I would not start. With Vista you can also preparing a RAID set. For the installation of Vista you from the first screen, then get in a menu. In this menu you can start a CMD prompt in the prompt, you can follow using fdisk with all your hard disks do. If you can make a software raid (the JMicron is a software raid) or re-partition as GPT instead of MBR