Thread: Cannot Setup HP Network Printer in Windows ?

Cannot Setup HP Network Printer in Windows ?

Hello , I am running windows xp on a Dell Inspiron , I want to install My hp printer through a ethernet cable to My Home Network Form using D-Link So the Actual problem is that Whenver I tried to connect My printer to a wireless laptop, the printer was not identified I have no problem connecting by USB to laptop, but never by wireless or by onnecting laptop to eithernet on router. I have been on with HP support numerous times and they cannot find the issue. I also contacted McAfee to address any firewall issues with their software, but still no solution. Can anyone help? .

Re: Cannot Setup HP Network Printer in Windows ?

Hello , Most of the time the Computer devices have a hardware configuration conflict with the printer and no matter how much you try and even if you have the best drivers in the world. It will simply not work. It happened to me and I had to change some of my hardware. hope you would find the solution.

Hello, Check the Similar Threads from Here

How to Set up network Printer
    Cannot install network printer in Vista

Hope it will Help you

Hello ,Move the laptop to right next to your router - to make sure that shielding was not a problem. Borrow a friends laptop to see if it is picking up the signal from your router. Otherwise it looks like your router is faulty in that it is not transmitting a wireless signal

Hello , it look like the printer may not be getting an IP address automatically from the router. also check to see if you can manually assign an IP to the printer within the same range of the router. If you can statically assign an IP address you would want to use something like,

• IP: 192.168.0.2
    • Subnet: 255.255.255.0
    • Gateway: 192.168.0.1

After you manually assign the IP address check to see if you can ping it. Go to Start, Run, and type CMD, in the black window type ping 192.168.0.2 if you used the example that is provided above. If you can ping the IP, check to see if your installation can detect the printer.