Thread: How To Disable Automatic Hardware Detection ?

How To Disable Automatic Hardware Detection ?

Hello, I Have Recently Installed Windows Vista Premium Was Installing all my device After Installing all the devices , It Finds something on My Laptop and tried to install it. But my Laptop Hang in this process and everytime i restart it the same thing Happen Can you Tell me How can I uninstall the hardware Vista automatically installed? or I was also just wondering if there is a way to disable Vista from auto installing new hardware it detects ? Thanks In Advance

Re: How To Disable Automatic Hardware Detection ?

Hello , If you go through the found new hardware dialogs there is an option to disableunknown devices. Doing this prevent windows from seeing new hardware next reboot.You may still be able to access the device though ASPI applications.

Hello, i Dont know why u want to do this you should be able to update the driver with your new one but if u insist try this it might work

1. click on start menu
    2. Select run
    3. type in msconfig
    4. goto the services tab
    5. untick plug and play
    6. Restart computer
    7. remember to turn plug and play back on as its the best way to install
    8. hardware.

hope this works but first try going to device manager double click the device u want, go to the driver tab and click update driver i can think of no reason why this would not work.

Windows Vista loads many services at startup, most of them are essential for the core system features. By disabling unnecessary services, the performance can be improved significantly, especially on computers with low system resources. The command SERVICES.MSC in the search field of the Start menu will start the management console to tweak the services (the management console is also available by Administrative Tools in the Control Panel, option Services). In the management console, a description of each service is shown, including the relationship (dependencies) between the different services.

Disabling services
    The specific description for each service is shown in the left pane. This information can be of use, if you are not sure if it is safe to disable a service. Because there are many services and the description is not always clear, it can be time consuming to find out which services can be disabled safely, and which services better stay as they are. For some services, the effect is even unpredictable which will result in strange future problems.

Shell Hardware Detection: This service starts the auto play of devices like DVD drives and memory cards. This service is also responsible for showing a window with the options which action to take with a certain type of file. If you don't like this function, disable this service. Because the service Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) depends on it, it has to be disabled as well.

Hello, Yes. Turn off the Plug and Play service. However, this is not Recommended because of the side effects. Therefor: no, this is not possible.

Hello ,If you want to stop a device from working, you can go to the Device Manager, right click on the device and select Disable.Uninstalling it will just cause Vista to reinstall it during the next boot up.To control what updates Microsoft installs, open the Control Panel, click on Windows Update.Recommend you select the "Download updates but let me choose whether to install them" option.I would not recommend disabling the automatic detection of new hardware function, if there is a way.I do not know of one, because that is a very bad idea so I have not researched it.