Thread: Intex PC Cam not Functioning in Vista.

Intex PC Cam not Functioning in Vista.

Recently I bought a new Intex LightVision Webcam. But when I installed it on my computer it was not at all functioning. My earlier Logitech's Quickcam Go WebCamera functions properly. I had changed my Operating System from Windows XP to Vista last week. I am using a 3GB RAM and 320GB Hard disk. What could be the cause ? It is working fine on my friends computer which has Windows XP

Re: Intex PC Cam not Functioning in Vista.

To my knowledge there is no such webcam that functions on Windows XP but not on Windows Vista. Try to re-install the webcam. If you are provided with the CD then please re-install it using that webcam CD. Might be that some components might not be installed due to improper installation. If problem still exists then contact the Webcam manufacturer. Since you are in warranty you might get a replacement for it.

Considering your system's configuration there should not be any issue with your webcam. There is a possibility that your system does not has the required drivers. Download the latest drivers for your Intex Webcam. And then re-connect your web-cam. This happened with me since I had not installed all the necessary drivers. But after the required drivers were installed my Webcam was functioning all well.

Hi to all.
    As you said that your old Logitech webcam functions properly but the new Intex Webcam does not, this can be due to some missing drivers or Incorrect installation. Your earliar webcam functioned properly because all its drivers were present. For your Intex webcam also you need to install the drivers that it needs. Un-install the Intex webcam completely and then install it again with all its needed drivers.