Thread: Help in project on valuation of shares

Help in project on valuation of shares

I am student of Chennai University. I am pursuing my third year of graduation.Me and my friends are decided to do project on valuation of shares . but no one having any detailed idea about this and also we don’t know the reference books or note for that so any body having idea about this so please give me . I want to know that is this topic is fine for project if yes then tell me why and how it works. Give me its major types , advantages and disadvantages and how .and what is TPA?

Re: Help in project on valuation of shares

I don’t have any detailed idea but I can give basic information about valuation of shares.Tax legislation need share transfer within a multinational group.i.e. the same price can be made from inter company share transfer. Terms are not related between two parties with each other .It requires judgment and interpretation can get space to choose valuation methods and valuation assumptions.By making reports will help providing backing and support at pace where the transfer of share is planned. Valuation process is proven by the TPA’s and gives better valuation reports with great speed at comfortable rates.

I think you have make good choice for project I don’t know about the reference books but I have read somewhere about this topic so i think its better to do valuation of shares which is transfer in to intragroup .Its use full than get in to one group . a capital gains Is subject to transfer tax .about TPA its valuation is only one provider of global valuation services and TPA consist it as its member. It s only one provider who Is independent and provides valuation, customs and expert transfer pricing .it has network more than 25 countries. Its head quarter is situated in Amsterdam with its offices and services.

As from my study I have heard that valuation of shares have some different methods for valuing. I will brief you that are includes 1)Income method: In this method we can calculate the value by judging upcoming cash flows and discounting those values to give them present value .2) stock market price:it is most preferred way to determined the value given by the market how ever the price in the market only useful if represent an active status and broad market which is not influenced by unusual factors like market or irregular trading .the main use of the different methods is it shows the range of the values.on the bases of the average and weighted probability calculation ,midpoint value is selected.

As I have search on internet I got some information. To check the value and understand risk it will require some following information such as Financial forecast; Financial statements, details of price fluctuations and historic trade , publicly traded shares volumes In the event. Information belongs to the industry sector like analyst or industry reports and business. About TPA I don’t know details I would like to say you to search on enter net you will definitely find data on it.

As I have some idea about TPA .Some requirement has to fill in this like. specification of the share, relevant non-financial information and financial statements used rationale underlying any control adjustments to financial information. opinion as to the current value, Valuation adjustments can be done and applicable i.e. discount for lack of liquidity or marketability. A discussion of the valuation methods observed and reason behind the method use.