Thread: Combination of softwares to customize Windows XP

Combination of softwares to customize Windows XP

Which combination of softwares to customize Windows XP more efficiently? I have used most of the customization software and have tried all th customization. I now need to make my system extremely different and unique with a combination of softwares. Can anyone help me out or advice me for the same? Which softwares do i use and which softwares are not compatible together and some valuable information as such? Thanks in advamce...

Re: Combination of softwares to customize Windows XP

The idea is great but those software eat up a whole lot of memory. These softwares are nice eye candy when it comes to look at it, but are heavy resource hogs. Make sure you have enough memory and a nice powerful processor to handle these graphics intensive softwares. Also you will need a powerful graphic card to get this thing working...

Hey Fame, thanks for the reply. I am not worried about my processor, memory and graphics card as they are enough. I have 3GB Ram, 1GB graphics Card 3Ghz C2D processor and 660GB of hard disk. I guess this configuration is enough to handle these softwares. Can anyone suggest me some cool softwares? Thank in advance...

The first thing that you will need will be a replacement for Windows shell that is a replacement for explorer shell. There are a lot of shell replacement available like : Aston Shell, BB4Win, bbLean, etc... Get one from here : Which is the best Windows Shell Replacement?
    Then you will need a launcher which you can get from here : RK Launcher vs RocketDock vs ObjectDock And finally a theme software like windowblinds or styleXP or anyother of your choice. Generally all softwares are compatible with each other so there won't be too much of trouble...