Thread: Moving tabs in taskbar ?

Moving tabs in taskbar ?

Hi,

I'm using windows xp and i want to know that is it possible to move tabs of different applications in the taskbar? do i need some other application for that? so i'm going to install windows vista or 7 (not decided yet), will this feature will be available in those os?

I'm hoping some fast response , thanks for any help.

Re: Moving tabs in taskbar ?

The free Taskbar Button Manager lets you move the buttons around with drag and drop. Nothing fancy, but works great for me.

Download Taskbar Button

Details:

Taskbar Button Manager is a simple utility that helps you arrange the buttons on your Windows taskbar in any way you want by using drag and drop. Moving your task buttons is very easy, no hotkey needed. In addition to drag and drop you can also use a special program window for moving the taskbar buttons. You can hide running programs too, so they don't show on your taskbar. The program works in all situations – even when the taskbar buttons are grouped or when the taskbar is not located in the standard bottom area of the screen.

This program is free and does not contain spyware or adware of any kind. The maker of this program, Innovative Solutions, is strongly opposed to spyware or adware.

This program is designed to run on Microsoft Windows XP, including the first edition and Service Packs 1 and 2 (SP1, SP2).

Taskix is definitely the choice for you if you simply just want to move taskbar button. It has no additional feature other than allowing you to auto run it together with the Windows startup. It doesn't even reside in the system tray, but you know it is running when you check it through the Windows task manager.

Cons: There is no visible option to stop it. The only way to terminate it is by killing its process through the Windows task manager. This may be a bit confusing to a computer beginner or an average computer user.

"Taskbar Shuffle" is a utility which you need. Following are a few interesting features which you get in Taskbar Shuffle:

• Move running application buttons anywhere on the taskbar.
    • Group similar application buttons at single place.
    • Move System tray buttons.
    • Close applications from the taskbar simply by middle-click on it.

Above are only a few selected features of Taskbar Shuffle. Just give it a try.

Download Link

Cool guys, really thanks to all of you, TechArena rocks, i really didn't knew that it is possible, i'll try all of 3 and will give a feedback with the best one.