Thread: Can I safely delete these folders

question Can I safely delete these folders

I have a doubt. I see that in C:/WINDOWS/TEMP, I have a bunch of folders that have been created with the name tmp0002b1a or tmp0002b19 and so a lot of them as I have said, when I open I have a unique file in every folder that is denimina tmp000000, can I delete all those folders without fear that will not have a negative impact on the system?

You can safely delete the contents of the folders, "but not folders". In fact the contents of these folders can be removed safely and also are advised to do so from time to time to not have problems with the system.

Do that without fear. Deleting Temporary files is better for windows as well as it also optimize the computer. You can also erase the history of the browser if you want (with Cokies included if you want).

Nothing happens, as you rightly say there above anything else that contains the Windows TEMP folder can be deleted without problems. But do not delete the TEMP folder itself, only its contents.

Anyway, there are a lot of cleaning and maintenance programs that help make this process automatically. As TuneUp, CCleaner....

Quote Originally Posted by Isaac1 View Post
    there are a lot of cleaning and maintenance programs that help make this process automatically. As TuneUp, CCleaner....
    In particular the TuneUp makes a very good cleaning along with other temporary files

The truth, I would advise using CCleaner to perform a deep cleaning of your system. Then use any kind TuneUp Utilities suite (or Glary Utilities) to optimize your system.

Quote Originally Posted by Dutta View Post
    In particular the TuneUp makes a very good cleaning along with other temporary files
    I got it and it is fabulous and then you step on CCleaner as well.

Actually I'm not very fan of performing cleansing "manual" to the operating system, because there are already many tools that specialize in this work.

Thanks for all these advice. Will carry out as said. Will remove all the temporary stuffs and cookies (not folders ) and then decide whether there is any need of third party program like TuneUp or not.