Thread: How to scan for and download missing drivers?

How to scan for and download missing drivers?

I am facing huge problems with my hard drives drivers. Actually I have two more IDE drives with C: drive and these are mirrored with RAID controller. These IDE drives contain very important data which I would not like at all to loose in drive crash or in anyway. Now the problem is after I formatted and installed Windows on C, though RAID drives are visible in BIOS and Linux, it is not visible in Windows. I strongly feel it will be due to missing drivers.

But how can I scan whether they really need drivers and which exactly drive I need to download? Please help.

Re: How to scan for and download missing drivers?

As far as how to scan is concerned, you can do it with a tool called DriverAgent. It scans your entire system for all missing and outdated drivers. You can download it from web, just Google it. But what I will suggest you is simply visit HDD’s manufacturer website and download the same. Since you have formatted the system it obviously need the drivers to be installed again. So instead of scanning, simply download and install it.

Re: How to scan for and download missing drivers?

There are utilities that can tell you a few things about your computer, such as Everest which you can download from here http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4181.html as well as Sisoftware Sandra, CPUZ, Belarc Advisor etc. But knowing some model info is just as good, for locating drivers.