Thread: WinXP System Verification Error in STREAM.SYS WDM driver error 23b

WinXP System Verification Error in STREAM.SYS WDM driver error 23b

I am using a IBM Thinkpad system. It came with Windows XP. Somehow the system fails to boot properly. I cannot find why that occur. It looks some kind of issue with Windows. The error was pointed out suddenly. There was a bluescreen on the desktop. The error was SYSTEM VERIFICATION ERROR IN STREAM_SYS WDM Driver error 23b. I am not aware about what is happening. Any help appreciated.

Try to boot in safe mode first. Once it is done go to command prompt and run sfc /scannow. This will thoroughly scan your system and check out for error. It is a nice way of troubleshooting your computer. Allow it to take as much time it wants. One more thing in safe mode go in event viewer located inside administrative tool. There you can find the detailed information on the error that will help you to troubleshoot the problem.

The issue lies with verifier.exe. There is some application which is causing the failure. You can try running system restore to get some old settings that would help you to fix the error. Bluescreen error occurs when there is some major issue with system files or where there is some kind of hardware failure.

The issue lies with rpc server. Some applications might be causing the error. System restore is a good choice. But there are less chances that it will avoid error. The second option remains is system complete system recovery.

Re: WinXP System Verification Error in STREAM.SYS WDM driver error 23b

Anyway, after running Verifier.exe, my system would NOT start because it gives me a stream.sys error. The only thing that I could do is restart.

HOWEVER, I have found a fix. Run your computer in debugging mode by repeatedly pressing F8 on start up. This worked for me and I have had no porblems since then.

There is a catch though. You guys might have a more serious problem in the Stream.sys file, but what I did worked (if you want to start your computer up again, and if you had a 0x000000c5 error when you started up normally, before you ran the verifier)

Thankyou all