Thread: How do I manually remove a network adapter in Windows XP's registry editor 32 (REGEDT32.EXE)?

How do I manually remove a network adapter in Windows XP's registry editor 32 (REGEDT32.EXE)?

My system runs windows xp and suddenly it has started assigning a number to the adapter network connection after rebooting and detecting it as new hardware. I really don't know for what reason windows is detecting network adapter as new hardware upon every reboot, as far as i can guess this issue started after i updated the network adapter driver. I have chatted about this issue with some people and they have said that, there might be multiple registry keys for this adapter and i will have to delete them all and reboot my system. I don't have much idea about registry, so i want to know if anyone one can guide me in performing the suggested tasks.

Re: How do I manually remove a network adapter in Windows XP's registry editor 32 (REGEDT32.EXE)?

I am not sure if this issue is actually related to registry. However you can boot your system in to Safe Mode, open Device Manager and delete all instances related to the network adapter and reboot your system. Upon reboot windows will re-detect it and i think that might fix your problem as well.