Thread: SAMSUNG CDRW/DVD SM-348B problem

SAMSUNG CDRW/DVD SM-348B problem

I have got a SAMSUNG CDRW/DVD SM-348B which is not working in my computer. I have already tried to remove and reinstall it and also tried to update the driver but nothing seems to be working. The error that I am getting is "Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)". Any suggestions how to fix this problem?

RE: SAMSUNG CDRW/DVD SM-348B problem

Can you try to check the jumper pin on the drive and see if it is set properly. You can also try to move the drive physically to another plud on the IDE cable and see if that works.

Re: SAMSUNG CDRW/DVD SM-348B problem

You can download the cdgone patch from here. This patch and a reboot usually will restore the missing drives. Any third party package still required will then have to be re-installed.

Your CD drive or DVD drive is missing or not recognized by Windows or other programs, so you cannot play or access a CD or DVD. This issue might have occurred after you installed, uninstalled, or updated a program or Windows XP. So to solve this problem you can try to delete the lower filter and upper filter in the registry editor and see if that works. For more information on same, visit this website - http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;314060

That did it, thanks for the wonderful suggestion of deleting the upper filter and lower filter in the registry editor, now my cd/dvd drive is working properly again without any problems. Thanks once again.

Even I am trying to find out a fix this issue from last couple of days but cannot solve it. I have got Windows Vista on my computer and after an automatic update, this error started to occur, I have tried following the registry method but still nothing seems to be working for me, is it that the cd/dvd drive that I have is dead already?