Thread: current driver of MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ-841S

current driver of MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ-841S

I have got a Toshiba laptop with me and it has stopped recognizing the MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ-841S on the same laptop. Therefore I wanted to know from where I can get the current driver for this MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ-841S. Thanks for any help.

re: current driver of MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ-841S

You will need to specify your toshiba laptop model on the toshiba website and then if they have any drivers for your model sepcific laptop, they will provide you the same. Normally, the drive firmware or the drivers are specific to Toshiba laptop models, since they are not generic, therefore different driver wont work in your case.

re: current driver of MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ-841S

When you insert a CD or a DVD, Windows Vista may not recognize the disc. If you double-click the disc drive in Windows Explorer after you insert the disc, you receive the following error message:
    1. Insert disk
    2. Please insert a disk into Drive (DriveLetter:)

This problem occurs if the following conditions are true:
    1. An audio device is disabled.
    2. Windows Media Player is already running when you insert the disc.

To troubleshoot this problem, follow the method here - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/939052/en-us

Re: current driver of MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ-841S

Finding a driver for old optical drive is a big pain. I had faced the issue on a old xp system. It was having a CD rom. And after crash I had formatted it. As the optical drive is not working I used a pen drive for the same. It was so complicated to get it worked. Windows Update also does not offer any solution as Microsoft has already stopped support for Windows XP. Here you can try to find drivers if you won't then use another one. For laptops you can find a usb optical drive which is more easy to use and works with desktop also.

Re: current driver of MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ-841S

I think driver updater software will work here. There are some of the best tools available on the web which can really help you in fixing the problem. Advance Driver Updater is one tool which can help you to find out drivers for all type of hardware. Whether new or old. The tool will scan your system for pending drivers and update the same in your system. So this one is the most easiest way to fix the problem. Try to use the software. There are free driver updater also available that you can try out. There is maximum chances you will get the required drivers through it.