Thread: Laptop works in Safe mode, freezes in 'normal'

RE: Laptop works in Safe mode, freezes in 'normal'

Hey guys, I am having a year old Dell laptop running with Windows XP Pro 64bit. From last couple of days I was having few problems with the same. Today morning when I booted the lappy, it just keep looping and restarting as soon as it reaches to welcome screen. I tried booting for more than 10 times but the same result. So finally I thought to boot it in Safe mode to see whats the problem. It got into safe mode in first attempt itself and was working fine without any problem.

Does anyone know what is wrong and why I am not able to boot in normal mode? Please provide some solution as well. Thank you very much.

Re: Laptop works in Safe mode, freezes in 'normal'

If it is working fine in safe mode than its obvious that there would be some software, driver or program which is interfering during the startup in Normal mode. In such case you need to work with the startup items. Just go to Start, click RUN and type “msconfig.” Now in the window opened you will find an option called “Diagnostic Startup”. Click the same and restart laptop. It should work fine.

If still you get problem then some service are causing the issue. You will need to start adding Services, one or two at a time, until either you find the faulting service. It’s a long process but you will need to do it if you don’t want to format the entire system again.

Probably there is some driver creating the problem. You should try deleting the display driver from the safe mode itself and see if you can boot properly. Once booted, download the very recent version of video driver and install it again.

Thanks for all your helps guys. As per your suggestion I updated the video drivers but freeze continued even after upgrading the video drivers. Tried many more things and now am going to send it back to dell. By the way I appreciated your helps.

Help: Laptop works in Safe mode, freezes in 'normal'

What was the result of sending the laptop to the technician? How was the problem fixed? I have the same issue you described with my Toshiba Satellite M35X-S309. I would REALLY appreciate your help. Thank you!