Thread: No audio device is installed on Gateway GT5408

No audio device is installed on Gateway GT5408

I am using a dual boot laptop. In one partition it has Windows XP while on the other it has Windows Vista. I had added Windows XP recently by creating a 30GB partition. Vista was pre-installed. After setup everything was fine, but there is some issue with audio. The audio is not working. There is no audio device detected. While in Vista everything works fine. Is there a way by which I can add the drivers manually.

There is one way to install the drivers. Go in Vista and launch Device Manager. In that click on find new hardware. Then if you find any unknown device with yellow exclamation mark then right click on that and choose install drivers. Locate the XP driver folder which is in the C drive. There is another folder as System 32 > drivers. If you are lucky Vista will pull the drivers and use that one. Or else you will need to find the Vista compatible drivers from web.

If there is no Vista drivers available for your system then it will not work. You can use a software called as Drive Detective. This software is capable of scanning your system for uninstalled and outdated hardware. Through that it will scan its database and add the driver. I am using this tool from long time and it keeps the system updated. Second thing is running Windows Update to find new drivers. Try the same.