Thread: How to find inf file of drivers in CD

How to find inf file of drivers in CD

I am on Windows XP. There is a directory in Windows folder where all drivers are installed. My system is very old and working slow. So I was wondering to backup the data first and then to format. Or else it will be complicated for me to backup all the drivers. I had tried to copy the inf files but nothing worked out. I just do not want to take a risk by directly formatting the computer. Can anyone guide me on the same.

There are some software available that can backup your data and allow you to use it at the time of Windows installation. One of them is Driver Genie. If you are not sure that the files that you are copying can help you then you can use a third party software for the same. And also try to find the relevant drivers on web. Because it is necessary that you get the most recent edition. This put effect on the system performance.

I do not think that those inf file can help you much. You can do one thing. There is a process called as slipstreaming. This option allow you to create a bootable XP with customized software. You can add applications and drivers in that directly. And when you install that Windows you get all the drivers pre-installed in the same.