Thread: "Some dangerous trojan horses detected in your system" Error

"Some dangerous trojan horses detected in your system" Error

I am getting a constant error message on my screen related to some virus problem. The error that I am getting on my screen is "Attention Kit! Some dangerous trojan horses detected in your system. Microsoft windows XP files corrupted."I think this is some kind of fake warning. And at the end there is a recommendation anti-spyware software at the end. How can I delete this. I am using AVG free edition here.

re:

That is a spyware I think. I had faced the same issue a month ago where I got a popup on my screen about a anti spyware tool. It is a rogue antivirus. That means it is a fake antivirus software. I installed that accidentally on my system. It does not goes really soon. You have to format your system completely to get rid of the same. It is a infection and try to get a licensed edition of some good antivirus that can protect you from this.

This is some thing about IE anti-virus yeh?

I was plagued by that thing until minutes ago. I ran a full system scan using the following things:
    Spybot - Search & Destroy
    AVG Free 8.0 (you have to also have the anti-spyware component)
    LAVASOFT Ad-Ware 2007

I'm sure you can google all these and download them, update them all, and then run a full system scan.
    Hope it works

re:

Try using Super Anti-Spyware. This is a great tool for dealing issues lies this. It is a fake antivirus in your system and I think the popup is nothing just a flash file. You can use Super Anti-Spyware to wipe out the instances of that fake tool. Never click on the anything. It will be complicated for you later on to completely get rid of the same. To get a more appropriate result on the same just simply scan under safe mode.

re:

Remove AVG and install a trail edition of any popular antivirus like Kaspersky, AVIRA, etc. You will get a trial period of 30 days. You can then scan your system under safe mode. Do not forget to update the antivirus. Norton is also a very good option for dealing issue like this. You have to clean your system or else you will keep on getting those annoying popups on your screen.

Any luck?

It is just a clear issue of adware. I am using Spybot here. It is one of the best tool that can help you deal with the problem you are facing. There are number of anti-adware software you can find on web and use them to clean your system without removing any existing antivirus. But it is necessary that you must simply get a good licensed edition of antivirus software like Norton which is capable of keeping this kind of issue away from your system.

This one cleared the problem

I had this issue, Spybot fixed it after downloading the software and letting it run its scan.

You can download it from here.

http://www.download.com/Spybot-Searc...-10122137.html

re:

I am giving you a link that can help you to deal with the issue. It is called as Fake Antivirus Tool. This tool is an ideal choice to detect and clean fake antivirus from the system. There is no need to remove your existing antivirus from the system. You can simply use it and it works only for fake tools.

Fake Antivirus (FakeAV) Removal Tool

re:

I will also recommend Super Anti-Spyware. This is a great tool and it also works with your existing antivirus. There is no need to remove. It is essential that you must simply keep your antivirus updated and then only scan. It is a powerful malware cleaner that works well for fake tools and files. It is necessary to clean the system registry. If things does not work well simply backup your data and perform a clean format.

Thanks

I also faced the same issue and downloaded Spybot here. But it is not picking up the virus. It is just a bit waste of time working on the same. The malicious files in the system are cause of issue. And after adding Norton a number of issues were resolved. Going for a manual process is far more complicated I think. You can find the related information on the same using a tool called as hijackthis.

Hijackthis gives a log report of number of current applications in your system. It is nice way trace the suspicious application in the system and you can simply find the location. You can remove it from the said location. But it does not gives information on the registry I think. It is good to use a tool. There are different number of software available that you can try out separately to get proper output.

Your system is facing malware. It is complicated to get rid of the same. There are tools available but there is no guarantee that it will be wiped out completely. Because the remaining of the same still lies in windows registry. It is essential that you must find those and wipe it out. But if it does not work just format your system after taking data backup.