Thread: Best free mpeg2 decoder?

Best free mpeg2 decoder?

I am looking for some free MPEG2 Decoder. I need some help with MPEG2 file. I want to play those files on Windows Media Player. When I try to polay I am facing a bit issue. I am having a Dell pc at my home. It has a decoder intsalled but I need something more better that can simply enhance the video output. I am having another that Windows XP installed on the same. The video takes really long time to load on the same. I just want to improve the video performance.

You can download some third party codec from the web that will help you fixing the video issues. There are some inexpensive codec that you can download from the web. You can use them to fix the video output. There are some third party video tools also available that can help you to convert the video format you need.

According to me the most you can do is simply you can get a third party video converter from web. There are ample of free editions available. You can simply convert the videos at a most common readable format with highest resolution. That is quiet more than enough for viewing the video files.

Re: Best free mpeg2 decoder?

Not really.

"Rude" is what you are when you EXPECT everything
    you can download to be FREE.

Do you really expect any quality software to be written
    if the person investing his/her time into it can't make any
    $ after doing so?

Odd, because you'd think that when you buy a copy of Windows, it will come with all the appropriate decoders with it.
    But since some morons are quite happy to keep handing over excessive amounts of money, it's become to norm to have to shell out for add ons.

I use this rather nice open source operating system called Linux which is completely free, is supported by a huge community of developers and users, and, seems to play my DVDs without any problems at all.

Still, I guess that's just not really the capitalist way is it. Unless someone is making money out of it, you don't think it's any good.