Thread: Movie Maker missing video effects and video transitions

Movie Maker missing video effects and video transitions

I am facing some problems with Windows Movie maker on my both desktop PCs running with Windows XP (recently upgraded them to SP3). One of my system when I open movie maker it says that effects and video transitions are missing and on second PC Video effects only have few options and those are Slow Down, Half and Speed Up, whereas there is nothing under Video transitions. I tried Googling for the same but dint found anything related to my problem. Any help will be appreciated.

RE: Movie Maker missing video effects and video transitions

I was too facing the MISSING Effects problem on my SP3 Windows Movie Maker couple of weeks ago. After lots of research and troubleshooting what helped me was importing all effects & transition registry entries and then deleting users' delete access to those entries.

Now as I am the admin of this system and I tried all these things from the same Admin account, the problem got solved ONLY for me. But still when other users log in to their account this pc get the same error “Video Transitions and Effects missing”. If you don’t have any second account on your system than this can help you for sure, and if you have other users too, than lets search for some another fix.

video transitions and effects are missing

I am fed up of this error now. It is Windows Xp laptop, am trying to create a movie in Windows Movie Maker. But every time I launch the software, it gives me an error saying “Video Transitions and Effects missing”.

I don’t know what to do as this is the first time I using Windows Movie Maker. Can anyone help ?

Re: video transitions and effects are missing

Well I don’t know what could be the problem but I do found the solution for the same. When you get such error related to Effects and Transitions, it should be probably because the corrupt registries for the same. Probably these ones:

For transitions =
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\ActiveMovie\devenum\{CC7BFB43-F175-11D1-A392-00E0291F3959}\

For effects =
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\ActiveMovie\devenum\{CC7BFB42-F175-11D1-A392-00E0291F3959}\

So, to fix them, you can download the following to registries and install to fix the entries.
    WMM Transitions
    WMM Effects

Re: Movie Maker missing video effects and video transitions

We had this issue with our school computers. Whenever an admin logged in the transitions where there in movie maker 2.1, however when a student logged in the transitions where gone.

We went to add or remove programs
    - deleted the program called "dell printer software uninstall"

and it worked. next time a student logged in the transitions came back.

weird but it solved the issue!!!!!!

Re: video transitions and effects are missing

We had this issue with our school computers. Whenever an admin logged in the transitions where there in movie maker 2.1, however when a student logged in the transitions where gone.

We went to add or remove programs
    - deleted the program called "dell printer software uninstall"

and it worked. next time a student logged in the transitions came back.

weird but it solved the issue!!!!!!