Thread: Old games on Windows XP (Railroad Tycoon II)

Old games on Windows XP (Railroad Tycoon II)

I am trying to old games on Windows XP machine, which are compatible with Windows 98/95. Whenever I am trying to play Railroad tycoon game, I am getting error message "Sorry, not supported on Windows NT". Even I tried to play the game in compatibility mode for 98 and 95 but its not working at all. I am trying to play but there is no luck in compatibility mode. Its a DOS Game.

Can you please help me ?

Re: Old games on Windows XP (Railroad Tycoon II)

http://www.microsoft.com/virtualpc

Well Do you have a copy of Windows 98SE? Try to run Windows98 virtually, the virtual video should be adequate enough to run Rail Tycoon II. Sid Meiers has made a great follow up on this game, Called RailRoads and its running on Windows Vista.

This can be due to system requirement. I am going to give you some recommendation of games that you can play on Windows XP. The games that I am going to list here will definitely work on Windows XP and will not have performance issue. Ensure that you have the latest video drivers installed in your system. If you like racing then you can go with Acespeeder. This game is quiet simple and easy to play also. The game is based on hovercraft racing. It is a nice racing game with low graphics. The second game you can try out is Age of Robots. It is bit different and also worth trying.

When we talk about XP then we need low configuration game. Games that does not really need high video memory. So there are few of them that you can try. The best thing I will recommend is to upgrade your system. Get Windows, latest graphic card and good amount of system memory. This will allow you to run high end games on the system. There are tons of awesome game released in the market. So it is no use of wasting time on the old one. But still if you want old games then try out Arkanoid 2000, Battle in the Sky, Cliff Hanger and Facebook games.