Thread: CTRL+ALT+DELETE Twice at Welcome Screen

CTRL+ALT+DELETE Twice at Welcome Screen

On my Windows XP desktop I have total 4 user accounts including the 1 Admin account. Usually we don’t use this admin account for some security purpose. So whenever I need to do some changes in the system that requires an Administrator privileges, I usually login to the built-in administrator account that gets created by the system automatically while installation and is hidden. I use to access the same by hitting key combination Ctrl + Alt + Del twice. Now the problem am facing here is that once I get out of this Admin account by doing ‘Switch user’ I won allow me to login back again.

Though I tap Ctrl+Alt+Del twice it tells me to reboot the system or try out some another user account. I don’t know whether it is due to system security or some problem, but is there any way we can login back to the same system if we locked the desktop (win+L) or switch user ?

re: CTRL+ALT+DELETE Twice at Welcome Screen

I guess you might have turned off Switch User command, hence it is not allowing you to log back in. Turn it on and also enable the classic logon window. This will allow you to login back again. Here what you are doing is you are pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del that is basically a hidden trick to login to the hidden Admin account. It is for security purpose, hence once you are out by clicking Switch user or Locking the desktop, it wont allow you to go back again unless you reboot the system. If you want to use it like other user accounts, you will need to enable this Administrator account on the welcome screen.

re: CTRL+ALT+DELETE Twice at Welcome Screen

Hi,

You could log in other user and then log out, then you could press Ctrl Alt Del twice again and connect to your not appeared user session.
    Also, you could log on in an administrator privileged user and from users tab of task manager chose your user and right click and select connect.

Now, I have a question: what happened when we log on / out that we allow to pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del twice again?

Thanks