Thread: My Documents not responding.

My Documents not responding.

I my freezing started freezing from long time. I am facing problem with My Documents especially. A number of my files and mutlimedia content is save My Documents. Whenever I open the same it freezes. While other folders looks to be working fine. I had seen virus warning recently on my pc. It is getting so annoying. I performed windows update also but still it is not working.

RE: My Documents not responding.

Can be bad sector in your hard drive. You can simply try to copy the data first and the move ahead with changes. You can run chkdsk in cmd that will give you information about the drive status. I am sure that will be helpful to some extent. If the folder freezes when you open then it simply means it is damaged or that part is having heavy files which takes time for loading up.

Re: My Documents not responding.

Did you got any error recently about the failure of your system. Any crash or other message. You said you got virus warning. Go in Event Viewer and just check for any log reports. You have to provide description here. Sometime it happens that due to virus files are damaged by virus. So the pc take long time to read the same. Just scan your pc in safe mode and then check back.

Boot in safe mode and ensure that your system is working fine. The problem can be due to explorer.exe. Virus usually corrupt explorer.exe due to which it takes relatively long time to open up. It is necessary that you must backup your data first at any cost and then move ahead with other troubleshooting stuff. Or else this kind of issues will be common. Scanning will not fix the job here.

Before going for other thing it is necessary that you must find whether your system is not facing any bad sector problem. Just scan your system properly and then test back. Bad sectors are common and can rise with time. So keep a backup of your files at a separate place and then check back. Chkdsk can give you low information on the drive status. Better try some advance drive scanning utility.