Thread: popup msg: server busy (switch to or retry)

popup msg: server busy (switch to or retry)

I have a Compaq Presario desktop with Windows XP. This system was kept ideal since a year. Finally now I got some reason to use the same. So before I start working I thought to update its softwares, drivers and all including Windows Update. But when I try to run Windows Updates, it gives me the following error message:

“Server Busy
    This action cannot be completed because the other program is busy. Choose switch to to activate the busy program and correct the problem.”

I don’t know what is it but I simply clicked on the Switch To button which takes me start menu. Again the same thing. Can anyone please help me out with this? Thanks in advance.

RE: popup msg: server busy (switch to or retry)

There is a small percentage of possibility that Microsoft servers may be busy but higher percentage of chances is that there are some problems in your system itself as it is kept ideal since year. So the best i can suggest you according to the situation is, instead of wasting time on troubleshooting it and updating its drrivers and all one by one, simply do a fresh install of Windows XP.

Re: popup msg: server busy (switch to or retry)

It looks to me that the popups are making the issues. Incase you have anti-spyware and antivirus applications then you can try to update them and run a scan. If it will not work then I will suggest you some free anti-spyware programs like Lavasoft Adware or Microsoft Anti-spyware Beta. You can also choose some Antivirus software like avast! 4 Home Edition Download or Anti-Vir Personal Edition.

Re: popup msg: server busy (switch to or retry)

I also think that you have some spywares in your computer that you need to remove. Are you using any firewall instead of Windows Firewall in your computer. Try to start the pc in Safe Mode with Networking and then connect to the Internet and then browse for a while and check if you still get the error. If you dont get the error than it simply means that your computer is infected with spyware and you will need to remove it. Download a software called Malwarebytes Anti-malware to remove it.