Thread: BCDEdit /set IncreaseUserVA 3072

BCDEdit /set IncreaseUserVA 3072

I just want to know that does BCDEdit /set IncreaseUserVA 3072 really works. I found that through this I can simply force my OS to use higher amount of ram. I am having 4GB ram on my system. In the bios I can see them but at a time windows is not utilizing all of them. Will using BCEDit /set can help to boost the ram usage and get a better performance from the system. I got a complete process from web, but I just want to confirm first. There must not be any error later on.

Re: BCDEdit /set IncreaseUserVA 3072

Yes it works. It modifies the ram usage to maximum 3072. The application can use more physical ram and your system performance will be improved to great extent. I am giving you a link that has ample of information in using BCDEdit /set.

BCDEdit /set

It works nicely only if you use the right parameters. Wrong command would give you issue and cause problem also. The link above has complete details on different BCDEdit parameters. It is necessary that whenever you are using this you must that in admin account. If you do that in limited one then you will face a bit issue. You can configure various things through BCDEdit. You can modify the boot entry elements, you can configure kernel debugger settings, you can also make changes in the memory options. So just refer the above link.

I am in a process to rebuild BCD. There was some issue with my system. I am getting constant error on it. So I thought rebuilding will be better to deal with various issues. If you are unable to get all the command write then you can go ahead with rebuilding the same so that you get a more proper output. For that you will need to enter recovery mode of Windows. You have to use Windows installation disc for the same. Once you are in recovery mode run bootrec /rebuildbcd command to rebuild the same. The process will take sometime but will be great enough to give you proper output.