Thread: Chipset driver for Compaq Presario F700

Chipset driver for Compaq Presario F700

I am looking for chipset driver for Compaq Presario F700. I am here facing some difficulty while trying to install windows XP. Somehow it fails to work. And it is not giving me a proper output. The laptop that I have comes with Windows Vista. And I want to add Windows XP on the same which would be more better. I had got everything working except the Ethernet and the Compaq hot keys. Also video and chipset driver that I downloaded from Compaq did not work.

Re: Chipset driver for Compaq Presario F700

You can try one thing here. Try to find the drivers via Windows Update. That would be more helpful I think. Windows Update simply guides you here to locate appropriate drivers and it will be more easy also. You can also try to download the drivers manually. The only best way to find a proper solution for the same is to look on the Official website of the laptop manufacturer. If there is no XP driver available then you cannot install XP on the same.

This would be easy in desktop. Because on the basis of your motherboard you can simply locate the drivers. You will need to find the NIC chip on the system. On that basis download the drivers and the update the same in your pc. It will be simply more helpful. I did that for my system which too had Vista on it. But through CPU I was able to find every driver manually from the web. Still some stuff is not working. There are some third party driver updater software also available which can help you in fixing the issue.

Try driver detective. It is an automated driver scanner software that scans your pc and install the drivers automatically. That is simply easy I think. This kind of automated drivers updating software are more helpful. They work simply fine. I am having one and it constantly download fresh driver updates from the web. But if your system is not having drivers for that specific hardware then it will not at all work. So that is a bit complicated issue here.

I am also having a similar model. I installed XP on that but it did not worked well. I found the video driver through updates. I am having some old applications that simply does not work on vista. My system has two OS now. XP on the one side which I use for my old applications and the new one Vista. The ethernet is also not working. I think the model lacks proper driver updates for XP. But still here I am trying to find out and see whether it works fine or not.

Hello Steve,

I have the compaq 700 and need three different base system devices have yellow ? and 2 ethernet controller and 1 sm bus controller and 1 unknown device if I could get the enthernet one I think I could d load every thing else but with out that I cannot get on net

Let me know,

I'm trying the same thing.
    How did you do the Sound driver? The hp device does not work.
    the same goes for the video. I downloaded the drivers from nvidea but none get reconized. How did you do the video?