Thread: Can't install .NET Framework

Can't install .NET Framework

I want to install .Net Framework but cannot install it pretty much. The kodak all in one 5300 printer/scanner that I have actually needs it. I have tried to install it from my XP disk but am getting an error message. I am getting confusing information when searching on the web. I have called kodak but they reffered me to go to Microsoft for a solution. If I am trying to open the Kodak Aio program then I am getting the below error message:
    Please set registry Key HKLM\software\microsoft\.net framework\install root to point to .net framework install location.

I dont have Net framework installed on my pc and I cannot get it to install. I am running Windows XP SP2, can anyone please help me out? Thanks.

RE: Can't install .NET Framework

Can you try to delete the catroot2 folder and check if that solves the issue. Also see article on "You cannot install some updates or programs" from the below link:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default...&Product=winxp

RE: Can't install .NET Framework

Thanks for responding. I went to the link and followed the instructions and tried to install Net Framework and got the below error message:
    NET Framework 1.1 setup.exe is not a valid Win32 application.

Do you have any other ideas? Thanks.

It seems that 'not a valid win32' could be a malware or something. Can you try to scan your computer with some antivirus program.

Re: Can't install .NET Framework

I have downloaded the NET Framework 1.1 from the microsoft download website. So I dont think that it could be a virus? Thanks

So I think that I have found a solution for this issue. I have removed the Office 2000 SP2 and net installed with no issues. Now, I have to find a way to not receive the following message when I try to open some programs. I have tried to remove the Norton's Security from my computer, so it might be an imbedded plugin in office 2000.

Re: net. framework

Check the article on "Error codes “0x80070643” or “0x643” occur when you install the .NET Framework updates" from this link - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/976982/en-us

Re: Can't install .NET Framework

i need to install it too for video editing programs and ive been trying so many times and it keeps saying theres a error. it says "failed to instal....because of system error:0x80131107"
    can any1 help me please?