Thread: Outlook Express Error Message

Outlook Express Error Message

Hi all,

I am having a Windows XP Home system with Service Pack 2, Internet Explorer 7 and Outlook Express 6. I am facing some problem while viewing this newsgroup in my Outlook Express. Whenever I highlight a header, the header wont expand. It remains with blank Message Area. After a minute or two it gives an error message saying:

“Message could not be displayed - Outlook Express Encountered an Unexpected Problem while displaying this message. Check your Computer for low Memory or Low Disk Space and try again.”

And at the same time If I highlight the previous message it will display again. If I come back to the message that failed to expand/show it will now expand/show. Does anyone have any idea what is, could be causing this?Please help.

Re: Outlook Express Error Message

Well there is a seperate newsgroup section dedicated for Outlook Express. You should check out there or post your query so that people can help you better. Also you can check this Google Outlook Express Group for more help.

Re: Outlook Express Error Message

Ok, just try out the following and see if it helps. In Outlook Express place the cursor on Local Folders and select File, Work Offline followed by File, Folder, Compact All. Do not attempt to interrupt or stop the process until it has completed. When it has completed close and reopen Outlook Express and see if the offending folders will open.