Thread: Why does my internet explorer not working. but Mozilla Firefox works great.?

Why does my internet explorer not working. but Mozilla Firefox works great.?

I am using toshiba satellite P100 laptop with windows XP installed on it. Earlier both the borwsers were working fine but then IE suddenly stopped working. I installed a fresh copy of IE7 but still no luck. On other hand firefox has no problem at all.

Can anyone tell me what can be the problem here ?

~ Rinku

Re: Why does my internet explorer not working. but Mozilla Firefoxworks great.?

Well, to get better assistance on your problem i will suggest you to better post this query in Internet Explorer newsgroup section, this is section is related to particularly Windows XP issues. When you post this to an IE news group, include details. "not working" could mean the browser never opens, there's an error message, or no site is accessible.

Hi Joe,

Sorry about the details. With "not working", I meant that i'm not able to open any site on IE, where as on firefox, i'm able to.

Re: Why does my internet explorer not working. but Mozilla Firefox works great.?

Quote Originally Posted by rinkups View Post

I am using toshiba satellite P100 laptop with windows XP installed on it. Earlier both the borwsers were working fine but then IE suddenly stopped working. I installed a fresh copy of IE7 but still no luck. On other hand firefox has no problem at all.

Can anyone tell me what can be the problem here ?

~ Rinku
    I had a hell of a time with this too. After trying everything that people posted on other sites I found that the only thing that worked (which no one suggested) was doing a System Restore to a date that you know IE still worked.

Re: Why does my internet explorer not working. but Mozilla Firefox works great.?

I was having this problem as well. The solution I found that works for me was disabling the proxy in IE. I'm not sure how it was enabled in the first place, but oh well.

Goto (IE -> Tools -> Internet Options -> Connections -> LAN Settings)
    And uncheck your proxy. (uncheck Use a proxy server for you LAN)

I hope this helps.

Edit: Yes, I know this thread is old, but some people will still stumble across it with the same problem.
    Last edited by cfischbeck; 07-05-2011 at 01:09 AM. Reason: edit

Well providing the information really helped me i was able to disable the same and due that my problem was solved. So thank a lot cfischbeck