Thread: IE7 Links won't open

IE7 Links won't open

I am a Windows XP user having Internet Explorer 7 for web browsing. Now there are certain links that Internet Explorer is not able to open no matter how many times you click. While I tried clicking the same links on my laptop and it opens fine in IE7. I tried searching the problem here and found an article saying I need to reset IE settings. Well I did the same but it dint helped. I even ran “regsver32 urlmon.dll” along with “Shdocvw.dll/actxprxy.dll/oleaut32.dll/browseui.dll/shell32.dll.”

These commands says 'succeeded' but no good result. Later I also tried running Mshtml.dll which ended up with an error message saying “mshtml.dll was loaded but the dll register server entry point was not found. This file cannot be registered.'

Any idea ?

RE: IE7 Links won't open

The best i can suggest you is an Utility called "IEFix". This will help you to registers the core Internet Explorer libraries, repairs Internet Explorer using IE.INF method. (Windows XP) and also fixes the application path setting (Windows XP). You can download the same from here http://windowsxp.mvps.org/IEFIX.htm

Thank you very much for the help and URl Fawiza. I checked that page but its read me file says that it has not been tested yet on XP with Internet Explorer 7. Will it be safe to run it on my system?

I think you need to go through the process mentioned in the following KB describing Internet Explorer stops responding, stops working, or restarts:
    http://support.microsoft.com/gp/pc_ie_intro