Thread: WMM doesn't recognize my Sony DCR-TRV350

WMM doesn't recognize my Sony DCR-TRV350

I need some help with using a camcorder on my Windows XP pc. i am having a firewire connector on my pc. I am using a Windows XP system. It is actually a laptop that has a firwire port on the same. The model of camera that I am using is DCR-TRV350. When I connect the same to my pc it is not detected at all. I do not got any cd or driver with the same that can allow me to manage the connectivity. I am having some multimedia files that I want to import directly in Windows Movie Maker and edit them as per my need. When I try to click on import video from movie maker I am getting a error on the screen.

Re: WMM doesn't recognize my Sony DCR-TRV350

Instead of playing the same on Windows movie maker there is one more thing you can do. Try to capture or import videos in some third party video program. There are ample of them available. WinDVD is one of them that works really fine with the output performance and the way to capture video on the same is more easy. You will need to ensure that the device is installed on your system or else it will not work and you will keep on getting this kind of errors.

Go in device manager and see whether you can find any device that has warning on it. Like some kind of exclamation mark on the same. You have to ensure that the camcorder is installed or detected in your pc. Or else you will face this kind of problem. I am also having one. It was really complicated to finally connect the same to my pc and then use it movie maker. At last after final installation it worked.

I am having exactly the same issue. Did you ever get further with the troubleshooting. For me, this was working for awhile and stopped working. Different camera, same cables, same firewire on the PC, all work. TRV 350 doesn't work - doesn't alert the OS that a device is connected.