Thread: stop 0x00000067 config initialization failed

stop 0x00000067 config initialization failed

There was some virus issue on my pc recently. Due to which I started facing blue screen constantly. The error that I am facing is 0x00000067. The system just crash after a few time from boot. My hard drive looks to be working fine. But it looks the virus has destroyed some important system files. Is there a simple way to restore it. I am having a Windows bootable and I think this might work to some extent.

RE: stop 0x00000067 config initialization failed

Try to run a repair setup. I think that will do the job. It is easy. Just boot in safe mode first. Then press R to run the repair setup. Windows will not touch your data, it will just replace the system files. I did this recently when I was also facing a constant blue screen problem on my pc. If you are having a good antivirus in your pc then there are few changes of facing this kind of damages.

Re: stop 0x00000067 config initialization failed

The issue looks like somewhat related to the RAM. Just check the ram sticks installed in your pc. If there are additional RAM sticks installed remove them one by one and check whether your pc is working fine or not. Most of the blue screen errors are generated due to improper ram. There are some tools on the web that can provide you information on the ram health.

RE: stop 0x00000067 config initialization failed

Does the system works properly in safe mode. Just boot your system in safe mode and then check back. I am sure the system will work fine to some extent. In Safe mode ample of drivers and services are disabled. There you can go in event viewer and locate the cause of crash. If you find any associated file or services just post the complete log here. I hope that will be more easier to find solution.

Re: stop 0x00000067 config initialization failed

I too think that this is a RAM issue. There is a link below that gives you more information on the error you are facing. On that basis you can troubleshoot your problem. The link clearly says that the problem lies with RAM. So you will need to check the stick whether they are working fine or not.

"Stop error code 0x00000067 (CONFIG_INITIALIZATION_FAILED)" error message when you try to start Windows