Thread: DirectX c install issue

DirectX c install issue

Hi, I need some help regarding DirectX installation on my Windows XP SP2 running system. As I have the older version of DirectX, I went to its download page and tried updating to the most recent version. But while installation, I use to get an error message saying:

"A cabinet file necessary for installation cannot be trusted. Please verify the cryptographic services are enabled and the cabinet file certificate is valid."

I don’t know what could be the exact reason but for troubleshoot I ran and installed all latest Windows Updates with certs and tried again. But yet the same result. Somebody please help.

RE: DirectX c install issue

From where are you downloading the latest version of DirectX? Until you reply i will suggest you to try this: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl...ls.aspx?id=317. This is a redistributable package, download and open the file as usual,open its contents to say,"my received files" in my documents,once its opened to,open recieved folder,then you need to scroll the page to the .EXE file,this runs Direct X the same as "end user"... See if it makes any difference.

RE: DirectX c install issue

Hey even i am facing similar problem on my system having DirectX 9.0(c) at present. I am trying to update update from DirectX (b) to (c) it gives me the same two errors, which are:

"cabinet file cannot be trusted" and "verify the Cryptographic Services are enabled"

Now the problem is i am having Sony DVD/CD (DRU-840A) and its bundled software that is Nero 7 Essentials insists upon DirectX 9.0(c). Too confused, dont know what to do. Any help will be appreciated.

Re: DirectX c install issue

Get the directx redistributable.
    It is the file containing the directx software not just a web installer
    OR
    Take a recent game cd and install that directx version.
    Almost every game has a directx version on its CD