Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PC takes hour to load

Re: PC takes hour to load

According to me stick with XP only. Vista is more resource intensive compared to XP and it is not at all stable. I am facing a video driver issue which is not yet installed in Vista. This work well on XP. I had tried compatibility mode also, but that too does not work.

I have a basic pc at home. It is used for music and videos. It started working very slow. I only remember last time I had transferred some music files in it. Whenever I turn it on, it takes long time to boot. I do not have any disk kept for that. There was a software which load on startup based on some music search. It was installed by the audio player. I disabled that and the system started working nice. I too think there is some kind of app in your system which is responsible of what you are facing.

That is not worth enough according to me. Startup software can be removed easily. I had used a series of registry cleaners. They are really awesome. You must run them at a time interval. When you remove any software still the keys are left in registry. It puts a nice impact on the system performance. You must ensure that there is no unnecessary software in your system. Remove which are not wanted. If it is a work pc then use only which is needed.

I will advice you to backup your data as early as you can. Because there can be chances your system will not start at all. And formatting will wipe out everything. It is recommended that you must scan your system for virus before going for any formatting.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12