Thread: ERROR: -1603 FATAL ERROR DURING INSTALLATION

Error: -1603 Fatal Error During Installation

I have a very short question. I was trying to install a Management Software but it got interrupted and flashed the screen with the following error:

ERROR: -1603 FATAL ERROR DURING INSTALLATION". Consult Windows Installer
    Help (MSI.CHM) or MSDN for more information

Re: Error: -1603 Fatal Error During Installation

Mentioning below a way you can fix it. Follow this:

Click Start button, click on RUN.
    Type msiexec /unreg and press Enter.
    Wait for few minutes until it finishes the job.
    Once done, go back to RUN and type this:
    msiexec /regserver and Press Enter.

Now reboot the system and try installing management software again. This time it should work. If you still face the problem, refer following URLs:

How to resolve Common Windows Installer Problems

Aaron Stebner's WebLog Solving setup errors by using the SubInACL tool to
    repair file and registry permissions

Re: ERROR: -1603 FATAL ERROR DURING INSTALLATION

Even I faced the same problem months ago. While searching for solution I came through a website with surprising solution. According to them my problem was due to RAM. Offcourse you wont believe me because at first even I dint believed them. But as I wanted to give a try, I tried changing the RAM and surprisingly problem got fixed. So if want you can too give a try.

Thank you very much.

i was downloading "Flight Simulator X Trial Version", while installing it jumps out "Feature tranfer error". i type "msiexec /unreg" into Run and click it when it appears but nothing happen. i type "msiexec /regserver" into Run and do the samething with the same result, nothing happen. after that i try install it again, it's not working at all...

i'm using Windows 7

what did i do wrong or what went wrong, can someone please teach me how to solve the problem?

i was downloading "Flight Simulator X Trial Version", while installing it jumps out "Feature tranfer error". i type "msiexec /unreg" into Run and click it when it appears but nothing happen. i type "msiexec /regserver" into Run and do the samething with the same result, nothing happen. after that i try install it again, it's not working at all...

i'm using Windows 7

what did i do wrong or what went wrong, can someone please teach me how to solve the problem?

I have checked for the same and I have found that we get such errors when windows try to use a “transfer mode” which is not recognized by the CD drive and in order to solve the same you will have to change the mode, just follow the below steps to do so:
    • Just go to my computer and then right click on the icon and then just select “manage” from the menu and then go in to the Computer Management and then just select the Device Manager
    • After that you will get a window and then in the right pane of the window expand the IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers and then select the CD/DVD drive from there and then right click on the same and then open the property window.
    • Once you are done with this then just click on the Advanced Settings tab and then in the Transfer Mode box just open the drop down menu and then uncheck the “Enable DMA” in order to disable the DMA and after that just click on ok and then exit the window and then try to install the game.

Hope that helps!