Thread: Windows Live ID Internet Connection Error (Popup message)

Windows Live ID Internet Connection Error (Popup message)

I’m receiving a strange error from past two days on my Windows XP laptop. Though I haven’t opened Messenger or any web browser, I keep getting the following error message while browsing my folders in windows explorer:

"Windows Live ID Internet Connection Error". Followed by this error "Sign In with Windows Live ID".

Does anyone else come through this error ever? I have no idea how can stop this pop up appearing on my screen. Please provide some help.

Fix for Windows Live ID Internet Connection Error

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Live_ID

Following recent updates to Windows XP, some users experience popups asking them to enter their Windows Live ID whenever they browse to their Documents and Settings/username/ folder, whether or not they have such an ID or use those services. This can be prevented by deleting the item "My web sites on MSN" from the NetHood subfolder in this folder, which apparently causes this by trying to access the network.

This worked for me !

Re: Windows Live ID Internet Connection Error (Popup message)

Even I am getting this error on my Windows XP computer. When I am trying to access My Documents and Settings folder from Windows Explorer then I am getting this error message that states "Windows Live ID Internet Connection Error". I am getting only 2 options which is to try again or cancel but if I try those then it continues to popup and is very hard to close out of. Does anyone know about a solution for this issue? Thanks

Re: Windows Live ID Internet Connection Error (Popup message)

Did you try to run chkdsk from your computer or windows explorer? Also you will need to take a look at Event Viewer and see if there are any clues given. If any of the system files are messed up then you will need to do a Windows XP repair installation. Just insert the CD and boot from it and then choose R at the installation procedure to start the repair process.