Thread: SPIRUN.dll & P17RunE.dll error loading

SPIRUN.dll & P17RunE.dll error loading

Hi all, I need a bit help from you all. I’m having a Dell Dimension 5100 system running on Windows XP Service Pack 2. As per configuration it has Intel P4 2.8GHz CPU, 3Gb RAM. Couple of days ago I bought a new Creative Sound Blaster X-fi Xtreme Audio sound card and installed it on this same machine. I installed all the required drivers from the CD itself which I received with this card. Installation went fine but don’t know what went wrong , since drivers installation I keep getting an error message saying:

"The procedure entry point_except_handler4_common could not be located in the dynamic link library msvcrt.dll." AND "Error loading P17RunE.dll The specified procedure could not be found."

I uninstalled and re-installed drivers few more times but yet the same result. I did some searches on web regarding the same and found people saying the there is fault in Creative’s driver itself. But when I called them up they said the problem is with Windows itself. Now I don’t know what to do. Can anyone please help me out?

Many Thanks.

Well if you talk to Microsoft about the same, they will obviously say that the problem is with Creative. Nobody will take responsibility for any 3rd party hardware or driver. But I’m sure that the problem is not with Windows. Anyways, what you can do is uninstall the drivers, turn on windows update and see if you can get the drivers there. If not, go to the Creatives official page and download the latest drivers from there. Hopefully it should not create any problem.

Thanks buddy. I'll give it a try. If got any more problem, will reply back.