Thread: java error “javascript:void(null)”

java error “javascript:void(null)”

I am getting a constant error message on my system. The message is javacript:void(null). I am getting this constantly on Internet Explorer. I am trying to visit a website which is giving the trouble. The issue only occur on a laptop, while the same website just works well on my desktop. The issue is not getting solved. I tried windows update also but that also did not helped much. Does reinstalling the web browser will simply fixed the issue.

The problem here lies with the security settings of Internet Explorer. You will need to enter the security section of IE, you just need to enable JAVA Script. Your existing setup is blocking the same due to which you are facing problem. I will recommend you to go in Tools > Internet Option. Click on that and go the security sections. Apply the minimum settings and then test back. Once the settings are applied the error will disappear. But if appear again then it is better to re-install the browser back again.

Just install the web browser back again. Then run windows update. This is more simple I think. When you remove the browser and install it back again the damage files on the same are replaced. And updates add more stability to the browser. So this is one of the most easiest way to fix the problem. But if this does not work then you can go with system restore. Which is more better in fixing the issue.

I am giving you a link below that has more information on the problem you are facing. You can simply checkout the link that has more references to fix the script error on IE. Sometime the issue lies on the browser end and sometime it is associated with the web browser. So just try to check some other website also which will give you more information here.

How to troubleshoot script errors in Internet Explorer