Thread: Setup cannot find any hard disk drives

Setup cannot find any hard disk drives

I am facing issue with windows repair. Suddenly windows stopped working. So I thought to perform a repair setup and hope that it will help to some extent. But when I try to run a repair setup it is not able to find my hard drive. It is not at all working. The system simply restart on its on. I am having lot of data in the system. The most important is my emails in outlook. Can anyone help me how to fix the issue. It looks like some kind of virus problem.

Go in the bios first. Check that you are able to see the hard drive or not. If not then this is a hardware issue. Safely open your cpu case and check the cable connectivity. The problem can lies with connection also. Just check the same and try again. I am sure this will help you to some extent. To enter bios you can use F10 or Del key. On the main bios screen you will see the drive listed. And if not just reboot and check back.

If drives are failed then you cannot do anything here. But if the issue lies with Windows then there are chances of recovering the data from your system. You can simply boot your system using a Live CD and then check back. There are ample of live disc available on the web that you can download and burn into dvd. Boot from that and simply copy paste the data from drive to another place.

It is essential that you must check the drives first inside bios. If they are not detected then it is not confirmed that the drive is damaged. Just change the cable and try back and check again. This would be much more helpful for you in fixing the issue. But if still after changing the cable things does not work there is a issue with hard drive. You have to contact a data recovery service. This would be a costly procedure.

If the drive is not detected in your system, there is one more thing you can try. This would be the last option. Try to connect the drive into another working computer. And see whether it is detected in My Computer or not. You can try to find the same in Disk Management also. If this is not working the drive is failed.